Subscribe to NaDMA Updates
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Join the Network
Social Board: There is no feed data to display!
3 Days Weather Forecast
Friday 03/23 20%
Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the low 70s.
Saturday 03/24 40%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers early with mostly sunny conditions later in the day. High around 80F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday 03/25 20%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 81F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.
HURRICANE PRECAUTIONS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
If in advanced stage of pregnancy, that is 7-9 months, there are specific precautions to be taken.
- Be sure to have necessities for the birth of your baby and yourself packed in a waterproof bag.
- Visit the doctor before hurricane strikes to ensure that baby and self are well.
- Pack medical insurance card and baby’s things together.
- Keep extra supply of any special medication needed.
- If you live far from the hospital or nursing home where you are to be delivered, arrange to stay with a friend or relative who lives closer.
- If your house does not offer adequate protection, leave for one that is safer.
- If you live alone get a friend or relative to stay with you or move to one of their homes before the hurricane begins.
- If you live in a flood prone area or one likely to be affected by storm surge, plan to move to a safer area.