Subscribe to NaDMA Updates
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Join the Network
Social Board: There is no feed to show or there is a connectivity problem to the world wide web!
In addition to general precautions:
- Remove boats to higher grounds. Turn them over, secure with rope or tie the boat. Boats can also be filled with sand and sunk for protection against high winds.
- Fishermen should protect their nets by weighing them and securing them where they will not be washed away by floodwaters.
- Evacuate low-lying coastal areas.
- Do not go out to sea if storm threatens. The strength or speed could change unexpectedly.
- Make sure of an alternate safe route to the nearest shelter in your area.